Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Transitioning from Maintenance to Loss

After an initial freakout, I settled nicely into Phase 3. Instead of following 1,000 blogs and forums and different advice, I just decided to do it my way, add foods in slowly, and enjoy eating again. I have settled nicely at my LDW (last drops weight) for a few weeks now. This past week I even enjoyed carbs again for the first time in a long time...even though they made me feel way too full and tired and yucky in some ways.

Overall, I've maintained my 26 pound weight loss since I started this journey about 2 months ag. But, now I'm looking at the scale and ready to get it moving in the right direction (down) again. I've set a goal to lose anohter 5 lbs before I go on my trip to Chicago to pet and play with penguins. Which, that's in just over 3 weeks, so I need to get my butt in gear. That means working out (either at home or at the gym, but probably at the gym if I want to really be successful) and writing down everything I eat. Before it was easier in some ways. Less calories in=weight loss. While I know the formula is the formula, I really don't have 500 calories a day I can cut right now. So, instead I am going to eat really clean and really healthy and workout for 45 minutes-an hour at least 5 times a week. And by working out, I mean I need to get a sweat on and actually burn calories instead of just walking aimlessly around the track at the gym.

I feel like I'm starting all over on weight loss again; there is so much still I want to lose and so far still to go. Life, in general, is crazy right now. I'm fighting a cold and am exhausted, so I just want to sleep, not take good care of my body. But, I also know that to be another 20 lbs lighter would be amazing and make me feel like a totally different person. Now is NOT the time to lose my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment