Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 37: Skinny jeans and all

I was really hoping for another pound of weight loss today, but only had .4. I'm trying to resign myself to the fact that I won't hit my next goal before this round is over, but I'm not quite giving up yet.

In very happy news, I am wearing "skinny jeans" for the first time in my adult life. This may not seem like a big deal to most people. But, to someone who readily wears baggy, hide my body clothes at every and any opportunity, the concept of skinny jeans was always ridiculous. I wouldn't want to show off my body like that. I wouldn't want to show off my curves. I wouldn't want people to see me.

But, I needed more jeans. So, I went shopping last week and bought a pair of skinny jeans - on purpose. And, I'm so thankful for Liz, who I texted at an obscenely early hour in Chicago this morning just for her assurance that I really could pull them off. I will admit, I'm feeling a little sassy in them. Oh, and now I want boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment