Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 10: Achievement Unlocked & Looking Back

Ten pounds gone (almost 11). That feels good. Although I still feel overwhelmed because I have so far still to go. I am amazed at the fact that I've lost the equivalent of 40 sticks of butter and don't really feel all that different. I guess that's a commentary on how this is just 1/6 of the weight I want to lose!

Looking back on the last few days, here are some observations:
  • I like variety in my food. 10 days in and I'm already wishing I had more options. Even more fruits and veggies would be okay - just something different! I know there are a lot more options if you like seafood, which I just don't. I have some tilapia and I can enjoy some crab, but I'm not forking out that kind of cash for the "real" crabmeat instead of the imitation stuff.
  • The water at work tastes funny. When you have to drink as much water as I do, it's really obvious how nasty the water at work is. I either need to invest in bottled water for the office (which seems like that could get pricey fast) or maybe one of those water bottles that filters. I wonder if those work?
  • Detox is NO fun. I felt like crap for days. Seriously. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I'm feeling a little better. I went through cramping, aching, headaches, no energy yuckiness for way too long. It was exhasting to me and almost made me throw the towel in.
  • There was part of me that was ashamed to be trying this diet, or afraid to share with people that I was doing it. Once I told more people, it didn't feel like a secret that had to be kept. I am so grateful for loving, kind, encouraging people in my life.
  • Take your vitamin in the morning. It makes a difference.
  • I need more variety in my foods and drinks. Okay, I know I already said that, but looking at thirty more days of eating like this...that's going to be an S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E.
  • I'm still a little worried about the nutrients (or lack there of) I am getting. Especially calcium.
  • The fat girl inside me still really wants snacks and cookies and diet coke.
Dieting is a hard, annoying journey. So is being unhealthy. I have missed food less than I thought I would, although I feel like I'm having more cravings now that I don't feel bad. Now that I'm feeling a little better, I want a PB&J and some milk. I made it 16 days on South Beach before I wanted to kill people. I'm hoping to make it through this whole protocol. We will see, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment