Looking back on the last few days, here are some observations:
- I like variety in my food. 10 days in and I'm already wishing I had more options. Even more fruits and veggies would be okay - just something different! I know there are a lot more options if you like seafood, which I just don't. I have some tilapia and I can enjoy some crab, but I'm not forking out that kind of cash for the "real" crabmeat instead of the imitation stuff.
- The water at work tastes funny. When you have to drink as much water as I do, it's really obvious how nasty the water at work is. I either need to invest in bottled water for the office (which seems like that could get pricey fast) or maybe one of those water bottles that filters. I wonder if those work?
- Detox is NO fun. I felt like crap for days. Seriously. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I'm feeling a little better. I went through cramping, aching, headaches, no energy yuckiness for way too long. It was exhasting to me and almost made me throw the towel in.
- There was part of me that was ashamed to be trying this diet, or afraid to share with people that I was doing it. Once I told more people, it didn't feel like a secret that had to be kept. I am so grateful for loving, kind, encouraging people in my life.
- Take your vitamin in the morning. It makes a difference.
- I need more variety in my foods and drinks. Okay, I know I already said that, but looking at thirty more days of eating like this...that's going to be an S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E.
- I'm still a little worried about the nutrients (or lack there of) I am getting. Especially calcium.
- The fat girl inside me still really wants snacks and cookies and diet coke.