Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 9: Today is a New Day

I know I've said this a couple times, but yesterday was hard. I think, because I am getting more comfortable with the regular parts of the diet (even though I'm still hungry), I found myself wanting to slip back into some unhealthy snacking routines. There were a couple successes, though! I had a meeting last night where there are always yummy, yummy snacks. And, even though the M&Ms smelled amazing and the chips and salsa looked to-die-for, I resisted. And I was proud of myself for doing so! Victory number one.

Victory number two was in the way of relationships. I had great conversations yesterday with my friends David and Pam. Pam is who I learned of this diet from; she's lost a lot of weight and looks even more amazing than she already did. She's beautiful, inside and out, and she believes in me! David is an amazing example of doing things the right way. He's also lost a crazy amount of weight, and has maintained it for years now. He looks great, feels great and is a great support system for me. Both of them gave me encouragement yesterday when I needed it the most. I am so thankful for good, lovely people in my life.

Yesterday's big failure came in the form of dinner. My hamburger was a little over cooked and my cucumbers on the grill idea didn't work out at all. BLECH! So, I ate my burger, tossed the cucumbers, and went to my meeting. I had strawberries as a late night snack.

All in all it's been fine, but I'm still hungry a lot and still tired and have headaches. This morning I woke up around 5 with a migraine - ugh. I decided to try and take my multi-vitamin in the morning. Maybe that will help with the energy.

It's been a week since I had a diet coke. That's the longest I've gone in a long time. Today was all about will-power as I drove by both the Circle K and the McDonald's on my way to work. Surely one won't derail right? But I'm going to hold out. I did discover this morning that I think I can have Iced Tea. I sure hope that's right. That would make such a difference in my being sick of water and getting a little caffeine in my body!

I was really hoping today would be the day I could say I lost 10 lbs. But, I am .2 away still. GRRR. Hopefully tomorrow will by my things that weight 10 lbs post - it's always amazing to think that's what I've been carrying around on me just because I'm too lazy sometimes to eat properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment