Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 4: Why Do Mashed Potatoes Smell So Good?

I survived my first low-cal day. I had a pretty good headache going by the end of the day and I went to bed hungry, but I did it. I didn't cheat. I didn't snack. I didn't even lick the mashed potato spoon when I was putting dinner away (even though I SOOOO wanted to).

I had to run a couple errands after work, so by the time I got home, I was feeling pretty down. I was hungry and tired and I didn't think I could do this thing. Part of me was ready to throw in the towel and cheat, just a little. But, instead I bought a food scale (because I have no idea where my other one is), measured out my dinner, and ate.It helped that my husband is such a huge supporter. He even bought me a card to tell me how proud he was of me for trying this.


Now, don't let the size of that steak fool you. It was about 1/4 of an inch thick! That is 100g of extra lean sirloin right there. Tim's plate look similar, except he had mashed potatoes instead of cucumber. You should know mashers are my favorite. So not eating them last night was definitely the discipline part of the diet. But I did it!

And this morning, I did what I was supposed to do. I stepped on the scale. And, according to that bane of my existence, I was 3.8 pounds lighter than the same time 24 hours prior. Now, I know that could be a number of things and may not indicate a true loss. But, my fear was I would make it through yesterday and it wouldn't make any difference on the scale. Whew.

So, today is day 2. I woke up hungry. I'm drinking a big ol' glass of water before getting some coffee. I made lunch last night:


Apple, broccoli, cottage cheese and melba toast. I won't be eating cottage cheese this much normally, it was just quick and easy when I haven't had a good day to sit down and portion out my meats and foods!

Dinner tonight will be pretty much exactly the same as last night. Then over the weekend, I am going to find some good recipes/ways to prepare food. Otherwise this is going to get old fast. I am a little nervous about what the weekend will bring. Lots of time at home and that will mean lots of times when I normally snack...plus I'm already a little sad about not eating out after church. I know it will be worth it, but it's still hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment