Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 5: Cravings and Tired

It's Day 5. Another good day, scale-wise. However, I have been more emotional today and definitely more tired than I have been thus far (I know, it's only been 3 days).

I woke up a little sick to my stomach and with a massive migraine. Both have now gone away, so that is good. I don't have a lot to say about the diet today. It's going. It's going to be a long, hard 40 days. I know it will be worth it in the end, but right now I really want a piece of peppermint bark.

Had I to do over again, I would do my load days totally differently. I would eat a lot more food, for one thing. I would think about what I crave the most and load up. I would EAT instead of just eat.

Breakfast: Drops, green tea

Lunch: Drops, egg whites, Tomato slices, cucumbers cooked just enough to make the softer, Melba toast, water (I'm already really tired of only drinking water).



This meal wasn't as filling as I would like. Protocol says to have three egg whites and one whole egg to substitute your protein. I didn't have whole eggs and just had egg white egg beaters, so I made do. I was hungry quickly.  And, despite how many people on the Internet think the opposite, tomatoes are fruits not vegetables.

After going shopping at Sam's Club, I was in a grumpy mood. Samples everywhere. And I picked up breakfast for the media team (sweets, mostly). While I was in the store it started to downpour. My strawberries popped open in the rain. By the time I got home, I was tired, starving, soaked and frustrated.

For dinner, I decided to make a variation of a recipe I saw on an HCG diet blog. The only difference being I used chicken instead of beef since I had chicken that wasn't frozen.

Dinner: 100g chicken, 1/2 can diced tomatoes (no sugar/oil/sodium added), 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp chili powder, 2/3 cup sliced celery, pepper. I threw it all in a pan and got it nice and hot.


YUMMY. It was so good. I actually feel almost full for the first time in days. I used my second Melba toast to soak up some of the juice after I ate all the yummy stuff in it. I will be making this a lot. It's tasty, hot and satisfied that need for some hot soup on a cold day.

I've had a much harder time getting all my water in today, as well. I'm hoping I don't see that on the scale tomorrow. I added a tsp of lemon to my water to make it have a little taste after dinner. Time to chug!

No comments:

Post a Comment